Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Copycat Recipe: Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade

One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks (Especially when the weather is warm!!) is the Passion Tea Lemonade. It's refreshing and delicious. I've found a way to make it at home. It's simple and cost friendly. 




What you will need: 
Tazo Passion Tea (I got mine at Safeway for $3.50 for a box of 20 bags)
Lemonade-- I used Minute Maid Light Lemonade ($2.50)
A large pitcher 

**If you like yours sweetened like I do you will also need a sweeten of your choice. I chose to make my own "Simple Syrup" for that all you need is: Sugar and Water.**

I start by boiling about 2 liters of water. I use about 10 bags of the tea and each bag makes 8 oz of tea so 8 oz x 10 is 80 oz (80oz = 2.36 liters). The pitcher I use has measurements on it so I measure the water in there and pour into a pot to boil. 

After it starts to boil I turn the heat off and put all 10 tea bags in to steep for about 15 minutes. Then I remove each tea bag and I like to squeeze the tea bag to get all the liquid out. 

I let that cool enough to pour into the pitcher. To that I add about 2 liters of the lemonade (just under actually--enough to fill the pitcher almost to the top). Now, if you don't like yours sweetened then that's it. Super easy.

To make the simple syrup I use all you need to do is boil 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. I do this by putting it on medium heat and stirring until its all blended. I turn off the heat once it's combined and let it cool. Then add that to the pitcher. If that's not sweet enough then you can always make more using a 1:1 ratio of sugar & water. I've also sweetened mine with Stevia packets but to me it tastes more like the Starbucks drink with the syrup. 

I also like to add a few ice cubes to my tumbler cup and pour in the drink-- cover & shake to really blend it up nicely!


This is how I make my Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade. This whole recipe costs me about $5 (the price of just about 1 Venti!!) And makes a gallon! You can easily adjust this recipe to fit your liking. This is what I've found tastes the most like the Starbucks version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment